Saturday, February 7, 2009

i hate to look into those eyes & see an ounce of pain...

At the hospital. 1 day old.

in honor of jason konnor's 5th birthday i thought i would share my labor story (minus the gory details, haha) with you all!

it all started on fri, febuary 6th. all day my back was absolutely killing me. now i had back pain throughout my whole pregnancy. my aunt cheryl told me this happened with my cousin, machelle. when she was in labor with morghann kait (my namesake!) her back pain was awful. this was in the back of my mind all day long. the pain kept up throughout the day. i was hanging out with jay's mother while he was at work & i mentioned how i kept getting pains every half hour. jay's mother acting like she knows all as usual tells me it's nothing, i'm fine, i haven't even dropped yet. i know my own body thank you very much. it's snowing like a mofo outside when jay gets home from work. he starts telling me how his windshield wiper broke & has to replace it. i thought nothing of this. haha. i got no sleep that night. i was tossing & turning, completely uncomfortable. around 7 am the next morning i wake jay up. i tell him i'm pretty sure the baby is coming today. he laughs it off thinking i'm just paranoid. once he realizes i am serious he starts freaking out about his windshield wiper & rushes out in the snow to go replace it. i take a shower & shave my legs! yes, i shaved! haha. i even did my hair & make up cause that's how i roll. jay's mother is still thinking i'm fine. while jay's stepfather on the other hand is freaking out because we had to drive from spencer to boston (i refused to switch my doctor when we moved down there. she delivered haileigh & has been my doctor since i was 16. she's an amazing woman!). he tells me even if i am fine we should drive down to my aunt's house & stay there. i eat some eggs with all of them in complete agony. i decide to call my doctor & tell her my water hasn't broke yet & all the good stuff. i hang up the phone with her, stand up, & boom my water breaks. jay & his mother are just staring at me. i was like "DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?!" haha. sure enough they did. we take the trip into boston going through side streets which means bumpy roads! no fun whatsoever. i had to sit halfway off the seat! we get there & they exam me. my water didn't fully break & my contractions were not that strong to be in labor. they tell me to walk around the hospital. ok? that was the most uncomfortable walk i have to say. i decide to go back to my exam room. they tell me they are going to give me pitocin to speed up the contractions. ok, sounds good. haha, man was that painful. i could not sit still. i was whipping all over that bed. everyone's telling me stay still it will pass. shut up! you're not laying in this bed! i am! they had so many issues tracking my contractions. the machine did not want to read them. the nurses had their work cut out with me, lol. they give me the epidural. all was good after that. a few hours pass & i was still feeling the contractions like a mofo. they tell me they can give me more, so they did. another 2 hours pass & i still feel the contractions. my doc tells me that i have what they call a "window" which means the medicine is not hitting one stop. the only thing they can do is take out the needle & put it in again. crazy me agrees to this. the whole time the doc is putting the needle he is talking about my tattoo. i am sitting there like give me the fucking drugs or i will do it myself!! after that shot i felt nothing. cheryl, jyll, & carrie came to see me shortly after that. i was all kinds of doped up. lol. they all left, but jyll said she will come back with tacos for jay. i start feeling really weird. i mean weird. i told the nurse & she ran out of the room grabbed my doc. next thing i know tables are being ripped down & everyone is flying around the room. i was like holy shit, what is going on. the doc tells the baby is coming & he is coming now. i was like oh! ok! it wasn't even 5 minutes of pushing when they tell me his heart beat was dropping. i start crying & they are trying to calm me down. they had to use a "vacuum" on his head to get him out. as soon as he came out they ran away with him to the otherside of the room. i'm crying even more now & jay is just freaked out. the nurse came over to me & told me he is fine. i have a healthy baby boy & they just need to check his heart. when i was finally able to hold him i just remember tears streaming down my face & the tiny little noises he made. everyone else in the room just faded away. it was just me & my baby boy, finally. i waited 9 long months to see him & it was all worth it. at 12:26 am febuary 8th, 2008 my little man was brought into this world. 6 pds 13 ounces & 19 inches of pure bliss.

Sleeping on Mommy. Few weeks old.

happy 5th birthday, jason konnor! i absolutely love you & cherish every breath you take. i could never imagine my world without you. you are the reason for my strength & will to face this world everyday. here's to your birthday & many many many more!! mommy loves you!!

Smiling again! Once again almost 4 months old.

8 1/2 months

Chillin' in the crib!

Who me?

Getting ready for X~Mas pics

Sleepy head!

Cheering for the team!

More Blues Clues!

What?!?

Slipper!



Photobucket

Fav cousins!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennie La* said...

awe. gorgeous yet terrifying story! i will make the best aunt, godmother, & whatever else. love that lil man, his pictures are adorable. XoXo happy beeday lil man